Thursday, June 25, 2009

Awe-Summ - Six Lungs.

I'm an idiot. I was trying to practice this linking the words and clicked publish post instead of Save As Draft. So, if any of you just clicked on this post in the last little bit, all you saw was this:

This chick is awesome: Sam!! http://myobyall.blogspot.com/

D'uh.

Of course, she is!! And yay me, the linking worked! But anyway - Sam gave me an award! See that cute pink Queen over there on the right?? Whoot!

So, rules are - I have to list seven things that are awe-summ about moi. I did that once on a post, for zelzee. (Love her too, she's great.)

I'm going to repost from that because I honestly have not much clue what is awe-summ about me!

So, here it is:

The seven things that I think make me Awesome:

1) I can streak my daughters hair better than any salon could.

2) I'm an amazing cook.

3) I'm a pretty decent writer.

4) I'm a great dancer & could do the 'tootsie roll' like nobodies business!

5) I'm a music trivia goddess.

6) I once rented a movie to Mike Tyson & didn't get a body part bitten off.

7) This is hard. I just asked my daughter what was awesummm about me and she replied, "Everything." :)

Now, for the next part. Seven women that I think are Queens of Awe-summ!

Sassified! http://thelifeofsass.blogspot.com/

Calling People Names! http://awomaninsearchof.blogspot.com/

Fragrant Liar! http://fragrantliar.blogspot.com/

Two For One! Holy Crappers! http://menapausalmama.blogspot.com/

Cora! http://lovelettersbycora.blogspot.com/

zelzee! http://www.zelzee.com/

What I Should Have Said! http://bethsayswhatishouldhavesaid.blogspot.com/

Seriously, I could do at least twenty more! But I hope to showcase some of my favorite blogs on Sunday nights!

So, make sure to check in for that, y'all. :)

Side story:

My daughter, Darling Bitchy, is 18. She's had sinus infection, ear infection (both ears) and bronchitis, for the last two weeks. The original medications didn't seem to be working so I took her back to the Doctor this week.

They found that she's not getting oxygen to the bottom of her lungs so gave her an inhaler. Last night, her brother, Rebel Boy - decided to just randomly spritz the inhaler around. She threw a fit and screamed at him that she needs that because her bottom set of lungs arn't getting air.

He said - "Bottom set of lungs?"

Darling Bitchy: "Yes, I have two lungs at the top, by my shoulders, two in the middle and two down here." (She very seriously points out where her six lungs are to him.)

He is nearly on the floor, laughing hysterically as he gives her an anatomy lesson.

Later on that night, she comes to me, nearly in tears. Her ears still hurt. I tell her to put the pain drops in. She again, very seriously, says to me:

"If I put them in this ear, tilt my head and shake it hard, maybe they'll go through to the other ear and unplug them both."

*le fuck* Someone switched my baby with Chrissy's from Three's Company.

God love her, she's so adorable, sweet and wonderful that we forgive her for her freakishly weird six lungs.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everybody has six lungs. Didn't you know? Those science books from school? Completely full of shit. :P

Long time no hear from. Drop by the blog sometime.

Cora said...

Crissy! Ha ha ha! Yeah, that does sound like Crissy. Gotta love it!

Thank you for the award!! Wheeeee!! I'll put Scope on the spot and ask him what's AWE-SUMMM about me while I'm in Chicago this weekend. Mm-hmm. That ought to be one fine NC-17 list. Heh heh heh.

;-)

sAm said...

Sweet...you tagged some blogs I wanted to!! And your daughter? Well...(trying to be polite)...after her belief that she has six lungs, the drops very well may fall all the way through if she puts them in one ear. Know what I mean? Too funny!

Alyson said...

Thanks PMama!

6 lungs...wow. That song "You are my shining star" comes to mind.

Fragrant Liar said...

Thank you so much! From the bottom of my two bottom lungs.

zelzee said...

Thank you so much for the award!!!
I love you!

And if Darling Bitchy wants six lungs.............well, who are we to disagree??

Sass said...

Fab-O!!!!

Thank you! I'll post this on Monday! ;)

Smart Mouth Broad said...

So hilarious. Hope she and her 6 sets of lungs are feeling better soon. Chrissy..........LMAO!

Alyson said...

And hey woman! Just so you know...this is your 3rd award. I gave you one forever ago!

Girl Interrupted said...

Wait ... are you saying we DON'T have six lungs??? :|

Congrats on the award ... loved your answers, especially the fact you came out of an encounter with Tyson with all your parts intact ;)

Phat Mama said...

I got an award from one of my fave women that I didn't know about?! Whuuut?? Where is it??

Alyson said...

I believe its my May 13th post "And the award goes to". Can't believe you missed it woman!

kristi said...

LOL! Found you through Cora and now I am soooooooooo following you!

FrugalcosIhave2 said...

where the hell are you?

Jason said...

So hilarious. Hope she and her 6 sets of lungs are feeling better soon. Chrissy..........LMAO!