Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Recipe & Chastisement For Zibbs

Zibbs requested I put up some recipes since I claim to be a fab cook, so here is the first one.

The recipe part of this post: (see exceptions at the end, if you do not like seafood)

~Crab Stuffed Shells~

One large package of crab meat. (The fake crab will do, rednecks.)
One can or one small bag of teeny salad shrimp.
One small container of ricotta cheese. (Or cottage cheese, for us poor folk.)
Italian seasoning. (You can buy a bottle of this at the Dollar Store for a buck.)
Garlic salt. (Ditto, a buck.)
One box of Creamette jumbo pasta shells.
One jar of sun dried pesto sauce. (You can pick this up at Wal-Mart, next to spaghetti sauce.)
One big package of shredded mozzarella.
One small sweet onion.
One can of sliced mushrooms.

Start boiling the pasta shells. While they are cooking:

Finely chop the sweet onion.

Put the following into a large mixing bowl:

Shred the crab meat in.
Teeny shrimp. (If you use the can form of this, drain juice first.)
Cottage or ricotta cheese.
A tsp. of Italian seasoning and tsp. of garlic salt. (More or less, to taste.)
1/2 the package of mozzarella cheese.
Chopped sweet onion.
Can of mushrooms, drained.

Mix together well.

Use Pam lightly on the bottom of a 13X9 baking dish.

When pasta is cooked, strain and fill each shell with the mixture from the bowl. Place each shell in your baking dish until you've a complete layer.

Drizzle the pesto sauce over top, cover with remaining mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle garlic salt, italian seasoning over top the cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees until cheese is melted and crispy on the sides. Approximately 45-60 minutes.

Serve with salad & white wine.

Exception: If you are not a seafood lover, you can use cooked ground beef or sliced italian sauage, simmered in olive oil before putting it into the bowl.

The chastisement for Zibbs part of my post: You lost the pictures I sent you again?! Fuckdamnit! *mutters to herself about the lack of proper adoration shown 'round here and goes to send them AGAIN.*

11 comments:

~Sheila~ said...

Sounds like a great recipe.

I made sloppy joes last night.

Want the recipe?

Nyxmyst said...

Theres this thing in the universe called fresh ingredients... *ducks*

otherworldlyone said...

But can you make it with squirrel meat??

Phat Mama said...

Sheila - Sure! Gimme recipe!

Nyx - I know that and use them when I can. But when you have two teenagers, a family to feed - you make do. With what you can afford.

worldlyone - Never tried that but I will! LOL

Dr Zibbs said...

Excellent! On both fronts.

Dr Zibbs said...

..and backs.

the iNDefatigable mjenks said...

I adore you.

There, does that make up for Zibbs' fuck-ups?

mo.stoneskin said...

Crab. Shrimp. Mozzarella. I'm hungry despite just eating a huge pie.

Nej said...

I'm not a seafood eater, but I'm going to have to try your recipe this weekend. Sounds excellent!

Debbie said...

That sounds incredible!

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Love this!!!

Love this so much I'm making it even if I'm the only one that will eat it.

Friggin picky ass eaters. I swear to God, I make fabulous dinners, which they smile politely and eat but when I whip out the Shake and bake I'm a HERO. Go figure.